My favorite things:
- The backyard. I love sitting on my blanket and watching Mom water plants and Beau play with his ball. It's nice and shady in the morning so we spend a lot of time out there before it gets hot.
- I like babbling and hearing how loud my voice can get and making raspberries on someone's shoulder.
- My baby gang! I've got some pals that I've known since I was about 2 1/2 months old and we get together for park dates almost weekly and they are my faves!
My least favorite things:
- Teething. I'm working on my 6th tooth and it's the worst.
- Not being able to see Mom. As long as I have eyes on her, I'm happy.
Apparently no matter how much I wish it would slow down even just a little, the months are flying by and this little ham is getting bigger and bigger every day. Just a few months ago, she couldn't even hold her own head up and now she has teeth and eats real people food and she's a hop skip and a jump away from being mobile. I wished for time to move so quickly when she was a newborn because everything about her terrified me and I just wanted her to be big and self-sufficient. Now I'm wishing for time to slow down because I know the sweetness of the little baby phase is short lived and I'm finding I love it much more than I thought I would.
This past month, I finally felt really comfortable in my role as a Mama. We tried new things and hit milestones and it didn't all feel like I was playing the role of 'new mother', pretending to know what I was doing. I actually kind of knew what I was doing! And when I didn't (and don't) which is about half the time, I felt comfortable shrugging and letting it go or making decisions that felt right for us. That might not seem noteworthy, but it's been a slow journey towards confidence in mothering for me, so it felt like a victorious month!
Here's what we've been up to this month:
|Our backyard hangout.|
|We frequent the zoo in the mornings when it's quiet and not too hot and we visit our faves. (Also there's a baby boom at our zoo: a baby giraffe, a baby tiger, and two baby gorillas!)|
|We hosted our Annual Derby Party and Eva was quite the hostess.|
|The early morning wake up crew loving on their Mama.|
|...and Dad gets the evening shift of snuggles.|
|I could watch this baby sleep all day.|
|Eva grabbed this little lady off the shelf at Target and chewed off the tag, so we brought the little babe home.|
|She's not the most natural first time mother...|
|...but she's catching on.|
|These two... Heart. Eyes.|
|Mom discovered Snapchat this month!|
|Now that she eats real food, Beau knows the best spot in the house.|
|First time in a big pool!|
|Eating cucumbers from the garden.|