My favorite things:
- Waking up in the most dramatic fashion. I like to stretch and yawn and really draw the whole process out for theatrical effect. But then I flash a giant smile and melt hearts.
- Taking in the world around me! I like watching Mom fold laundry and I like staring at Dad's red sweatshirt. I can appreciate a well placed ceiling fan or pendant light. My world is a fascinating place and I am soaking it up!
- I recently started FaceTiming all my gal pals and I really love looking at new faces on the screen.
My least favorite things:
- Sleeping for longer than 45 minutes during the day. I'm just not about that nap life.
- When anyone is wearing clean clothing with out spit up on it. It's my life's work to make sure I spit up on all the things.
For some reason, three months felt a bit like a finish line for me. It's the end of the first trimester and I've been chugging along with this milestone in sight. Eva is a wonderful baby whose sweet, observant personality is starting to show and it's making our days a thousand times more enjoyable. I'm finding my groove and every day I feel like I have a more confidence as a mama and this whole gig is starting to feel a lot more comfortable. All those wonderful people who cheered me on when I was drowning were right: It really does get better! I am genuinely falling in love with this little person day by day and while it took me a little longer than some people to get here, I can honestly say I'm beginning to really feel at home and enjoy my new mama skin.
It feels good to have had the space to get here in my own time and the wonderful encouragement and kind words were life giving to me, so, if you were cheering me on in person or in spirit, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Here's what we've been up to this month:
|All dolled up in her best brewery attire for Dad's Homebrew Club Awards Banquet.|
|Yes, she really does wake up this happy every morning.|
|Speed blogging while she takes her signature power nap.|
|Celebrating a beautiful bride to be and also a successful first night out away from the babe!|
|Catching up on our baby celebrity gossip.|
|This is a budding relationship, but Beau is slowly and surely taking to his new sibling.|
|I added that little pillow to the tummy time routine and it was a game changer!|
|Our little homebrew baby hanging out with her buddy, Mr. Yeast, a gift from her Uncle Jon B who obviously knows a giant yeast would be well appreciated in our home. (Are you confused about the giant yeast in our daughters crib? Go to this website. You won't regret it.)|
|Eva and Daddy checking out the brewing equipment at our favorite Jax brewery, Aardwolf Brewing Company.|
|A much needed girls weekend with two people who showered this baby with kisses and love and showered her Mama with belly laughs and good talks.|